I am casting for actors to fill the few remaining roles in his next feature film. If you are a professional actor that is serious about your career, submit your headshot and resume, to http://chrisstokesent.com/contact.html This is NOT A COMPETITION. This is a casting call to find actors for the remaining roles in my next movie.
I look forward to receiving your headshot and resumes!!
Things have been messy between singer Chris Brown and his now ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran, and it looks to be about to get messier.
Oprah Winfrey’s network, OWN, posted a teaser Tuesday for Tran’s interview with Iyanla Vanzant. The inspirational speaker and host of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” fires off at Tran: “He betrayed you. He lied to you. He did it all publicly,” before asking, “How did you find out that he had a baby by another woman?”
Brown has been the subject of rumors that he fathered a daughter with another woman while in a relationship with Tran. He has neither confirmed nor denied the stories, but the story heated up when Tran tweeted on March 4, “Listen. One can only take so much. The best of luck to Chris and his family. No baby drama for me.”
The tweet was later deleted.
Brown and Tran have had an on-again, off-again relationship for years. In 2012, Brown posted a video on Twitter questioning whether it was possible to be in love with two people. At the time, the singer had broken up with Tran after once again growing close to singer Rihanna, whom he assaulted while they were dating in 2009.
“I love Karrueche very much but I don’t want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna,” Brown said in the video. “I’d rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives.”
Brown and Rihanna eventually reunited but then broke up again, and he and Tran, who bills herself as a model and entrepreneur, resumed seeing each other.
On Wednesday, Brown commented from his Instagram account on a racy photo Tran posted of herself in a swimsuit while on vacation. The singer advised her to “Continue to be a lady beautiful.”
Vanzant’s interview with Tran airs at 8 p.m. ET March 28.
After joining the club of celebrity husband’s and dad’s, Kanye West has certainly learned a few things.
Kanye appeared on today’s birthday episode of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and said that he’s changed since starting his new family.
“I’ve definitely learned how to compromise more,” he told DeGeneres with a laugh.
“Which is something you have to understand when you partner with people in business.”
“I’ve learned how to shut up more,” West, 37, quipped.
“I think I’m a better human being because of her and because of my daughter. And I always have someone to think about going home to.
“There are things I’ve done in the past that were considered negative, but I was really jumping in front of the tank for other people or for culture in a way so now I always have to have that in my mind that I have a family that I have to protect too.”
DeGeneres complimented the outspoken rapper for being calmer as of late.
“You don’t seem angry,” the comedian said.
“I don’t know if it was even anger, but it was just a way that you were getting all of your emotions out. Now I think your emotions are grounded in a way that they come out in protection and love and their channeled in a different way.
“I think I was going through my version of my terrible twos. My daughter she wants to express herself and she just doesn’t have the words for it,” West said comparing himself to 1-year-old North West.
“For me there was so many things I wanted to do with film and clothing and I just didn’t have the words or the resources or the backing or the perception that I could do it being that I was a rapper.”
Speaking of his adorable little girl, West gave all of the viewers a first look at his music video for his new song, “Only One” which was first released earlier this month in collaboration with Paul McCartney.
Amidst all of the attention that Paris has been receiving lately, Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo said that she may sue Fox News because the network “insulted” the city with its coverage of “no-go zones” that are supposedly only for Muslim residents.
“When we’re insulted, and when we’ve had an image, then I think we’ll have to sue, I think we’ll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed,” Hidalgo was quoted by CNN as saying to the network’s Christiane Amanpour. “The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced.”
Such zones don’t exist and Fox News has repeatedly apologized for the errors.
The executive vice president for news at Fox News, Michael Clemente said in a statement: “We empathize with the citizens of France as they go through a healing process and return to everyday life. However, we find the Mayor’s comments regarding a lawsuit misplaced.”
“We have made some regrettable errors regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly in regard to England and France,” a Fox News anchor said Monday on air. “We deeply regret the errors and apologize to any and all who may have taken offense, including the people of France.”
In a series of reports that have been widely criticized and mocked, Fox News reported that some neighborhoods in Paris are so heavily Muslim that some young men openly wore Osama bin Laden T-shirts. Displaying a map that supposedly outlines these “no-go zones,” Fox News also reported that terrorists groups recruit members in the areas.
“Paris would have a “difficult” case against Fox News in the U.S. since the city would be treated as a public figure”, says Karl Kronenberger, partner attorney at Kronenberger Rosenfeld LLP.
Paris “would need to prove that the information published by Fox News was false and that the information was published with actual malice,” he said.
It sounds to us like Paris may need to really consider this lawsuit before they just jump in to something. I’m sure that it won’t be an easy fight.
Indianapolis Colts backup linebacker Josh McNary has been charged with felony rape, felony criminal confinement and misdemeanor battery resulting in bodily injury.
McNary, 26, has not yet been arrested, Peg McLeish, a spokeswoman for the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office said today, but an arrest warrant was signed by a judge.
A 29-year-old woman reported to police on the morning of December 1 that she was raped hours earlier at the apartment of a man she met while out at a bar.
She said she told the man several times she didn’t want to have sex and fought with him, scratching him on the face, neck, back and shoulder. The man forced her to have sex on his bed, she told police. She took the man’s cell phone as she left the apartment. A forensic nurse examined the woman and found injuries to her vagina and dried blood behind one ear.
Detectives used the cell phone that the woman took to identify McNary the next day. He was cooperative, police indicated, and he asked for a lawyer after being advised of his rights.A nurse found abrasions and scratches on his stomach, back, neck and shoulder, after he was taken in to custody. Investigators also found the woman’s clothing and an earring in McNary’s apartment.
A statement from the Colts organization said, “At this time, we are very concerned and trying to find out what the relevant facts are, but we have insufficient information to venture any opinion. As we learn more, we will make appropriate updates.”
The National Football League said the matter is “under review.”
Recently, the NFL revised its Personal Conduct Policy. It includes a minimum six-game suspension for crimes involving violent conduct, including domestic violence and sexual assault. The league reviewed its stance after widespread criticism of its handling of the Ray Rice case.
McNary is listed as a second-string inside linebacker for the Colts, who play the New England Patriots on Sunday in the AFC championship game. Definitely not the kind of attention the Colts need before Sunday’s game.
President Obama and his administration are under “heavy” criticism today after no one from the Administration was present at the Unity Rally held in Paris yesterday. The rally was held to show a universal solidarity following the shooting at satricial newspaper Charlie Hebdo in the French capital. Officials at the White House have said there were good reasons why there was no one from the administration in attendance.
Leaders from some of America’s strongest allies were among the more than 40 heads of state marching in solidarity with French President François Hollande. The group included German Chancellor Angela Merkel and British Prime Minister David Cameron. Even Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were there.
In admitting their fault for not having a prominent official in attendance, the White House stated that the president’s attendance would have brought his security which would have significantly interfered with the crowd in attendance. But that didn’t really explain why there wasn’t any other high-ranking official representing the United States, including attorney general Eric Holder, who happened to be in Paris for counter-terrorism meetings.
However, one U.S. official was present at the rally: Ambassador to France Jane Hartley. Still to the chagrin of the world, no notable U.S. Official was there and that’s where the heavy criticism lies.
The president was quoted saying, “I want the people of France to know the United States stands with you today, stands with you tomorrow”.
The White House announced Sunday that Mr. Obama will hold a summit next month on ways to counter violent extremism like the attacks in France.
“Put simply, what I’d like to do is to see the first two years of community college free for everybody who is willing to work for it,” the president said in his Facebook announcement.
Today President Obama proposed making community college free for all Americans. He presented the plan as a way to introduce more people to the middle class, which would in turn strengthen the U.S. economy. Congress has already presented the President with the question of how this program would be funded.
The $60 billion plan was announced during a speech in Tennessee, in where he described a quality education as a “right” for those that were willing to work for it. He also asked that Congress work with him to bring the cost of Community College down to zero.
Obama said, “I want to make it free.” He urged making community college just as universal as high school. “A college degree is the surest ticket to the middle class,” Obama said.
The proposed plan would cover enough tuition, to assist students who keep their grades up an associate’s degree or halfway to a bachelor’s.
White House spokesman Eric Schultz said the plan is expected to cost the federal government $60 billion over 10 years. The White House said the federal government would pick up 75 percent of the cost and the final quarter would come from states that opt into the program — though it’s unclear where the money might come from.
Last year, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam signed into law a scholarship program called Tennessee Promise that provides free community and technical college tuition for two years to the state’s high school graduates. About 58,000 of the state’s roughly 62,000 seniors have applied to participate this fall.
Under the president’s new plan, students would be required to maintain a 2.5 GPA while in college, and must make steady progress toward completing their program in order to have their tuition eliminated, according to the press release.
Everyone in America remembers April 15, 2013. That was the day that the world famous Boston Marathon was rocked by two bombs that exploded near the Marathon finish line killing 3 people and injuring 264. That tragic day ended when Law Enforcement tracked down and captured the suspect in the bombing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
A little over 18 months later the trial is set to begin for Tsarnaev this Monday. Going into the trial defense attorneys have suggested Tsarnaev was controlled by his older brother, 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was killed in a confrontation with police three days after the bombing. The younger drove over the older brother and escaped.
Defense attorneys also have said the family’s history played a role in shaping Tsarnaev. They note that the family, of Chechen ethnicity, experienced difficulties dating to World War II, when Josef Stalin deported mass populations to central Asia.
With his older brother dying, Tsarnaev is left to face these charges alone. “Prosecutors appear to have virtually incontrovertible evidence supporting their claim that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his brother, Tamerlan, planned and executed the Boston Marathon bombing,” said CNN legal analyst Paul Callan, a former prosecutor and defense attorney.
“The defense, on the other hand, will push for a more expansive ‘War and Peace’ type presentation to create a narrative that paints Dzhokhar as the innocent pawn of a domineering older brother,” Callan added. “A more expansive presentation of Dzhokhar’s family and psychological history is more likely to be seen during the sentencing phase if the jury returns a guilty verdict.”
This case will be tried as a Capital Case which means that if convicted, Tsarnaev will be tried separately to see if he will be executed. We’ll make sure to keep you updated as the trial progresses.
President Obama’s Administration imposed a number of sanctions on North Korea today. The authorized sanctions are against agencies and officials associated with the North Korean government and Workers’ Party of Korea. This action serves as a retaliation against Pyongyang.
“We take seriously North Korea’s attack that aimed to create destructive financial effects on a U.S. company and to threaten artists and other individuals with the goal of restricting their right to free expression,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement. “As the president has said, our response to North Korea’s attack against Sony Pictures Entertainment will be proportional, and will take place at a time and in a manner of our choosing. Today’s actions are the first aspect of our response.”
These sanctions will deny access to all those affected by these sanctions from the U.S. financial system and bar them from entering the U.S.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed that the North Koreans were 100% responsible for the Sony hack and some experts say that the attack could have been staged by ex-employees from the company, the Administration still feels that these sanctions are entirely necessary.
It’s a sad day for the families of the passengers and staff of Air Asia flight 8501. Debris and bodies were found in the water today about 6 miles from the planes last known location over the Java Sea, CNN reported this morning. Indonesian officials found the bodies of two women and one man. The bodies have not been identified and no names have been released as of yet.
“We are sorry to be here today under these tragic circumstances,” said Sunu Widyatmoko, head of AirAsia Indonesia. “We would like to extend our sincere sympathies to the family and friends of those on board QZ8501. Our sympathies also go out to the families of our dear colleagues.”
Hospitals in the Indonesian city of Surbaya are being prepped to receive any bodies that are recovered, so that they can be housed and identified.
Several nations are contributing resources to the effort, including the United States. The U.S. Navy destroyer USS Sampson arrived Tuesday.
Our condolences go out to all of the families that are affected by this tragedy.